Anna and Andres are farm-sitting on Thanksgiving and are using the opportunity to host a a thanksgiving retreat and feast!
- Join us for a rustic retreat at Several Gardens Farm, a 1-acre plot in Burien complete with crops, goats, a large apiary, and ducks that look like elongated penguins. Also a spacious house with an industrial juicer and stone grain grinder.
- It's a 15-minute bike ride from the Tukwilla light rail station, north of the airport. There is crash space if anybody wants to stay overnight.
The address is:
- 12034 14th Ave S,
- Seattle WA
If you're going to come, please plan to bring food and/or drinks. There is a kitchen we can use if you'd like to cook here but the space might be tight so let us know if you're planning to do that. You can also cook at home bring food over and warm it up at the farm.
If possible, make it Vegetarian!
At least half of the folks attending will be vegetarian so vegetarian meals will be very extremely appreciated.
Here's a full list with pictures from a previous thanksgiving that shows how almost every food item was vegan.
If you're not cooking at the farm, plan to arrive around 2:00 or so so we have time to heat up and do one of those big lunch dinner meals people do. We should be wrapped up by earl evening.
Dishes and other stuff you'll be bringing
You can add items that you want to make and add your names by the items.
- Cranberry sauce - Mako
- Groovy Gravy (get ready Bernie) - Mako
- Tofurducken/Tofucken/Toficken/Tofucky or similar -
- Setian Roast - Mako
- Rolls! - (Winnie and Carter), Atom
- Sweet potatos and apples - Mako, Winnie, Carter
- Brussel Sprouts - Mika and Mako
- Quinoa salad - Winnie and Carter
- Cranberry bread - Winnie and Carter
- Pie - Thomas+Skye
- Apple Pie and apple cranberry Tart - Carter & Winnie
- Wild Turkey (750ml) because it's not thanksgiving without turkey - Mako
- Hard berry wine/cider - Atom
Clementines - Mako
- Pomegranates - Atom
Move stuff from this list to the one above if people pick it up or commit to bringing it:
Food for thought from previous Acetarium thanksgivings
The list was taken from last year's Thanksgiving page:
- Acetarium/Thanksgiving 2012
- Acetarium/Thanksgiving 2011
- Acetarium/Thanksgiving 2010
- Acetarium/Thanksgiving 2009
Here are some ideas for vegetarian Thanksgiving dish ideas.
Add your name to the list below if you are planning on coming: