Apple pie (vegan)
(Redirected from Vegan apple pie)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Apple pie (vegan)|
|Dietary Restrictions: Diet::vegan|
This was fairly easy to make since I used ready-made pie crusts. It used wheat though, so it contained [[contains::gluten].
- 2 vegan pie crusts
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- a bit of lemon juice
- 6 thinly sliced, peeled and cored cooking apples
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- soy milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine sugar and next 4 ingredients.
- Place half of thinly sliced apples in pie crust; sprinkle with half of sugar mixture. Top with rest of apples, then rest of sugar mixture.
- Dot the filling with margarine.
- Use the second pie crust as the cover crust (Optionally, brush the top crust lightly with soy milk. I didn't do it and it looked dry at the end).
- Bake pie for 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden.