Veggie Bologense with nutmeg
- ~1.5 cups dry TVP
- enough veggie broth so that it's wet but not in water
- several spoons of blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp soy sauce(?)
- pepper and salt to taste
- 4+ cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (fresh is better)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 cups dry red wine
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, preferably San Marzano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Something that will hold the sauce well (like oriedchetti or fusilli or similar)
- Make the TVP by combining ingredients in roughly the order shown above
- Make the sauce by saucteeing the tomatoes in oil for some length (30m+) before. Longer is better.
- Then add the TVP and other sauce ingerdients. The garlic should be cooked (perhaps with the TVP)
- Mix sauce in with your pasta before serving.
Originally inspired/adapted from this recipe.