Apple pie (vegan)
I haven't tasted it, so I can't tell you if it's good. It was fairly easy to make since I used ready-made pie crusts.
- 2 vegan pie crusts
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- a bit of lemon juice
- 6 thinly sliced, peeled and cored cooking apples
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- soy milk
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Combine sugar and next 4 ingredients.
3. Place half of thinly sliced apples in pie crust; sprinkle with half of sugar mixture. Top with rest of apples, then rest of sugar mixture.
4. Dot the filling with margarine.
5. Use the second pie crust as the cover crust.
* Optionally, brush the top crust lightly with soy milk. I didn't do it and it looked dry at the end.
6. Bake pie for 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden.