Difference between revisions of "Beetlemania"
|Line 32:||Line 32:|
| Living room
| Living room
Revision as of 20:05, 3 April 2021
Carpet beetle trap summary
|Trap ID||Location||Bug count|
|1||Under couch in living room||1|
Sightings and settings
- Jan 3 2021: AP finds larva on sweater; team IDs it as carpet beetle.
- Jan 8 2021: First traps set.
- Early March: AP spots multiple beetles in bedroom traps. Yuck
- March 6: LLW spots live beetle on coat downstairs
- March 7: AP spots beetles + larvae near yarn bin; discards most of yarn bin+contents, airtight+mothballs select yarns. Traps are redistributed to other rooms
- March 8: AP finds one new beetle in Trap 2
- March 11: AP spotted 2 live beetles in bedroom (not in traps); killed them
- March 13: new beetle in trap 2
- March 14: new beetle in trap 2
- March 15: AP did deep clean under bed; spotted a few larvae both dead and alive, killed the live ones. Also saw a couple live adult beetles in common area at top of stairs. Killed. Moved Trap 1 to couch downstairs.
- March 16: Remember how I tried to salvage a few skeins of yarn & in-progress knitting projects by saving them in airtight Ziploc bags with moth poison? Larvae. In the yarn. In the bags. So that's going out with the trash tonight.
- March 18: New beetle in trap 2
- March 20: Beetle in trap 5.
- March 21: LLW spots 1 live beetle on upstairs bathroom wall, and 1 live beetle on B's sleeping bag sack in L/B bedroom closet. Places traps 6 + 7.
- March 25: New beetle in trap 2; other beetles' bodies look disturbed
- March 28: New beetle in trap 2
- April 3: New beetle (first one) in trap 6 and new beetle (first one) in trap 7