Mako and Mika would like to host a Thanksgiving dinner at our new house! If you'd like to join us, please add your name and any food/drink items you'll be bringing below. We have a large kitchen, so feel free to come by early and cook your food here.
Directions, parking, and mass transit information is available online here: http://extraordinary.leastsquar.es/
If you're not cooking at our place, plan to arrive around 2:00, so we have time to heat up and do one of those big lunch/dinner meals people do. You're also welcome to cook at our place - just let us know in advance. We should be wrapped up by early evening.
Dishes and other stuff you'll be bringing
If anybody has allergies or other dietary restrictions, please note them here or email Mika&Mako.
A few of us are vegetarian, so vegetarian items will be very much appreciated!
Here's a full list with pictures from a previous thanksgiving that shows how almost every food item was vegan.
You can add items that you want to make and add your names by the items.
- Vegetarian Groovy Gravy - Mako
- Seitan loaf - Mako
- Tofurducken/Tofucken/Toficken/Tofucky or similar - Mika
- Quorn "holiday dinner" (fake turkey + semi-fake gravy + real stuffing) - Andres
- cranberry sauce - Mika
- bread Mrlisitza
- chanterelle mushroom gravey Mrlisitza
- leg o' lamb with sauce Mrlisitza
- stuffing (vegetarian) - Winnie
- corn casserole - Winnie
- Spoonbread - Liz/Tommy
- Butternut squash - Andres
- Pies x3 (vegan-Apple, Pecan, Pumpkin) - Odette
- some dessert - Winnie
- Maple sweet potato pie - Bonny
- Gluten-free & vegan pumpkin peanut butter muffins - Liz
- Butternut squash "pumpkin" pie, apple pie, & pecan pie (non-vegan, courtesy 314 Pie)
- Wild Turkey (750ml) because it's not thanksgiving without turkey Mako
- red, red wine Mrlisitza
- Beer (growler) Willscott
- Cider Sarah
- Juice Mika
- garlic mashed potatoes Mrlisitza
- sweet potatoes Mrlisitza
- squash Mrlisitza
- Green Beans with almonds Sarah
- Salad Sarah
- Kale salad with anchovy date dressing - Bonny
- grapes and pineapples - Mika
- tomatoes and cucumbers - Mika
- Roasted brussels sprouts, if everything goes well - Regina
- Rockin’ Roasted Potatoes With Racy Rosemary and Mustard - Luke
Move stuff from this list to the one above if people pick it up or commit to bringing it:
Add your name to the list below if you are planning on coming:
- Andres (dilinger)
- Austin (coming late)
- Sean + 2 children
- Tommy and Liz- leaving early :(
Food for thought from previous thanksgivings
The list was taken from previous years' Thanksgiving pages:
- Thanksgiving 2014
- ELS/Thanksgiving 2013
- Acetarium/Thanksgiving 2013
- Acetarium/Thanksgiving 2012
- Acetarium/Thanksgiving 2011
- Acetarium/Thanksgiving 2010
- Acetarium/Thanksgiving 2009
Here are some ideas for vegetarian Thanksgiving dish ideas.