This is a loose recipe that's more about proportions than quantities. The flavors are based on the Mexican street food elote, or roasted corn dipped in a rich and tangy sauce. This is that sauce. It can be used as a raw vegetable dip, salad dressing for greens or cold pasta, or sauce for flavorful meat or fish, such as salmon.
- Sour cream
- Lime juice
- Powdered smoked chipotle
- Powdered cumin
- Powered chili...powder
- Start with an equal mixture of one part sour cream and one part mayo.
- Add generous portions of chipotle
- Add slightly less cumin (can be overpowering) and chili powder
- Add generous lime juice to taste, bearing in mind that this will also reduce the viscosity of the mixture
- Blend ingredients with a spoon, tasting and adding spices and lime juice as needed
- Serve or refrigerate until use