Groups we like
This is a list of organizations that Mika and Mako like the work of. Rather than giving us gifts, we would appreciate if people donated to any of these organizations so they can continue to make the world the kind of place that we want to live in!
All of these groups are 501(c)(3) organizations in the United States so all donations should be tax deductable.
Please don't add or remove groups from this page. If you think we should add a group to this page, please run it by either MikaMatsuzaki or BenjaminMakoHill first. It's quite possible that we just forgot to include someone that we really do like alot!
Groups Working For Access to Essential Medicines
- MSF is an international humanitarian organization that provides health care to those who need most but cannot have it. They have also played a huge role in the access to essential medicine movement.
- CPTech, run by Jamie Love, is a non-profit that works on issues of access to knowledge and access to essential medicines.
Yup, that'll do it. You have my appreciatoin.
Groups Working on Issues of Free Culture
- WMF is the non-profit that supports Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Wikibooks, Wikiversity and much more. We are very active in Wikipedia and use it many times a day.
- Creative Commons writes and maintains the free culture license that we like and use and need and deserve our support.
Groups Working on Vegetarianism
- VRG provides lots of resources to vegetarians and focuses a lot on vegetarian nutrition: two areas we care a lot about.
Cheers pal. I do appreciate the wirtnig.
Other Groups We Like
- The U.S. Metric Association was founded in 1916 and advocates U.S. conversion to the International System of Units (SI).