Difference between revisions of "Habanero cheesecake"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Taken from Mako's recipe ''Habanero Lime Cheesecake That Can Kill White People''. Easy to make. Hopefully, not too hot to eat. It contains [[contains::dairy]] but can easily be made [[diet::glutenfree]]. Serves
Taken from Mako's recipe ''Habanero Lime Cheesecake That Can Kill White People''. Easy to make. Hopefully, not too hot to eat. It contains [[contains::dairy]] but can easily be made [[diet::glutenfree]]. Serves 16 , depending on how hot you can handle it.
Revision as of 14:21, 18 June 2009
|Dietary Restrictions: Diet::vegetarian|
Taken from Mako's recipe Habanero Lime Cheesecake That Can Kill White People. Easy to make. Hopefully, not too hot to eat. It contains contains::dairy but can easily be made diet::glutenfree. Serves 16 or more, depending on how hot you can handle it.
- 1 1/2 cups of graham crackers ground into crumbs (or Ritz with honey)
- Pinch o salt
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3 habanero peppers
- 2 tablespoons sugar + 1 cup of sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- Pinch of salt
- 3-4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 very juicy lime or 2 less juicy limes, juice 'em
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make crust:
- Mix the crumbs and salt together in a small bowl, then add butter and stir to mix.
- Set aside 1/4 cup crumbs for topping and press the rest into the bottom and sides of a pan.
- Roast the habaneros in aluminium foil over burner and set them to steam under a towel OR put in a paperbag into an overn for 15 minutes and set it aside for 10 minutes.
- When they are cool enough to handle, cut and deseed habaneros, then pound with the 2 tablespoons of sugar until you get a coarse paste.
- Work on the cream cheese:
- Cream the cream cheese and then add remaining sugar and salt.
- Beat in the eggs 1 at a time.
- Add the heavy cream and blend.
- Beat in the lime zest and lime juice.
- Add the habanero paste and beat until well mixed.
- Pour into the crust, then gently tap the pan to level the filling. Sprinkle the reserved crumbs on top.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until the cheesecake pulls away from the edge of the pan. Remove from the oven and allow to set for 20 minutes. Wrap and keep in the refrigerator overnight.