Difference between revisions of "Ohanami 2009"
m (Protected "Ohanami 2009" ([edit=autoconfirmed] (indefinite)))
Latest revision as of 04:39, 27 October 2011
Ohana (flowers) mi (look at) is a traditional festival in Japan to celebrate the arrival of spring. There will be lots of eating, drinking, and chatting done under the beautiful cherry blossom trees.
This is our 4th Ohanami Festival in Cambridge. Hope to see you all there!
The weather looks like it will be clear, sunny, and warm! Bring sunglasses! You might want to bring a sweatshirt in case it is breezy.
- When: Saturday April 25, 2009 from 13:00 until it's dark. Or we're too cold. Or too tired. Or too tipsy.
- Where: At the cherry blossom grove in front of Walker Memorial and Wood Sailing Pavilion along the Charles river near MIT
- Who: You! Feel free to bring family and friends!
What Should I Bring?
Bring enough warm clothes to stay outside for some time. Also feel free to bring delicious things to eat or snack on and drinks to keep you hydrated. We'll be providing drinks as well.
Folks should feel free to drink alcohol but please be advised that this is a public place so take care to be discreet. Obviously, that means no drinking out of marked bottles, for example. We'll have copious amounts of sangria in coolers and cups.
- Sangria (Mako)
- Cryptomimosas (mad/cjb)
- Pina Coladas (dilinger, tentative)
- Raw Vegetables (Mika)
- Cucumber Sandwich (Mika)
- Strawberry Shortcake (Mika)
- Vegan apple pie (Anna)
- Freegan hardboiled eggs (Anna)
- Vegan samosas (mad/cjb)
- Fruits (Xu)
- Bread (Brett)
- Cheese (dilinger)
- Crackers (Avi)
- Hummus/Pita (mad/cjb)
- Grapes (Brett)
- Koalas (Ari)
- Gripes (Jake)
- Dunkers (Jake)
- Paper Napkins
- Garbage bags (Mika)
- Blankets (Maybe Ari, mad/cjb, Mika)
- Games (Brett will bring Icehouse pieces)
- Bicycle parts
- Mako (206-409-7191)
- Mika (206-890-5155)