Seder 2014 Seattle
This page is for Sedar 2014 in Seattle.
The Things to Buy sections contains things we need and do not have yet. The Things We're Bringing is the place to put stuff you want to bring. Feel free to move something from things to buy to things to bring and put your name next to it so we know someone has that. You can also add something not already on the list--this can be ingredients, toys, cooked dishes, treats for Shiloh, or anything else you think up. Things to cook is a good place to write suggestions for dinner.
It'd be really nice if you add your name under People if you are planning on attending, so we have an idea of how big to make dinner.
No dress code, although yarmulke encouraged.
Location and Time
This year we're going to host at AAA's house (Anna, Andres, Atom) near Greenlake on April 16th. Please arrive by 7pm (19:00). If you want to help with cooking, please come by around 6-6:30PM.
Things to Buy
You can add things you think we ought to have.
- Grape juice for the non-wine drinkers
- Matzot! (Ben)
- Beets (Mika&Mako)
- Parsley (Mika&Mako)
- Romaine lettuces
- Eggs (Mika&Mako)
- An orange (Mika&Mako)
Things We're Bringing
You can add things you are bringing, with your name, here. Feel free to claim things without names!
- WINE (Elana - 1 bottle of red)
- Matzoh -
- Charoset - Elana (traditional Ashkenazi apple-nut)
- Komishbroit - Elana (Jewish kosher-for-passover biscotti)
- ingredients for meals listed below
- Chocolate matzoh dessert - Ben
- Juices - Ben
Things to Cook
Things you want to cook (please out your name by it), or things you think we ought to cook, feel free to claim items without names next to them!
- BLOOD Oranges
- Beet hummus without chickpeas or tahini (Mika)* Salad
- Roasted Eggs (Mika)
- Matzoh (Ben)
- Matzoh ball soup (Noah)
- Roasted yams
- Stuffed squash!
- Shakshuka (Noah)
- Quinoa salad (Mika)
- Tortilla de patata (Mika)
- Potato and broccoli au gratin with almond milk (Mika)
Things to Read
- The Velveteen Rabbi's Haggadah for Passover (definitely)
- The Women's Seder Sourcebook: Rituals and Readings for Use at the Passover Seder (maybe?)
- Exploring the abuse of robots (extremely unlikely)
- The Two-Minute Haggadah (probably not, but why not?)
- Alternative Haggadahs]
- Jeremy's Haggadah from 2003 - minor Hebrew error in the title
- Jeremy's grace after meals with full singable English
- a lego story of the exodus to read before hand!
The seder will focus on history, culture, and understanding. Questions are highly encouraged!