Seder 2017 Boston
- This page is for the Sedar in Boston. Please see this page for the event in Seattle.
The Things to Buy sections contains things we need and do not have yet. The Things We're Bringing is the place to put stuff you want to bring. Feel free to move something from things to buy to things to bring and put your name next to it so we know someone has that. You can also add something not already on the list--this can be ingredients, toys, cooked dishes, or anything else you think up. Things to cook is a good place to write suggestions for dinner.
It'd be really nice if you add your name under People if you are planning on attending, so we have an idea of how big to make dinner.
No dress code, although yarmulke encouraged.
Location and Time
April 15th at the Abbey. 23 ibbetson.st. somerville.
April 15th: Cook all day long!
- 7pm: Open wine, set tables
- 8: Start
- 9: Sit to eat
Things to Buy
You can add things you think we ought to have.
- Everybody please bring 5 cups of wine per person (a bit less than 1 bottle). Extra wine is always a bonus!
- Grape juice for the non-wine drinkers
- Seder plate:
- something very enticing but whose identity will be revealed after some cursory research
- prize for the afikoman
Things We're Bringing
You can add things you are bringing, with your name, here.
Things to Cook
Things to (Maybe) Read
- The Velveteen Rabbi's Haggadah for Passover (definitely)
- The Women's Seder Sourcebook: Rituals and Readings for Use at the Passover Seder (maybe?)
- Exploring the abuse of robots (extremely unlikely)
- The Two-Minute Haggadah (probably not, but why not?)
- Alternative Haggadahs]
- Jeremy's Haggadah from 2003 - minor Hebrew error in the title
- Jeremy's grace after meals with full singable English
- a lego story of the exodus to read before hand!
Things to Sing
Other Important Arcana
Our seders tend to run on the longer side.
Notes for Seder 2017 (post-seder 2016) Music - Songs by artists who passed in the last year? - "Redemption Song", Bob Marley