Travel plans/June 2016
- This page is for planning our trip to Japan in June 2016.
- ICA is in Fukuoka from June 9-13.
- Going to Okinawa before the conference!
6/3: MM arrive in Naha City on Jetstar. MM stays in Naha at APA hotel (http://www.apahotel.com/hotel/kyusyu/04_naha/access.html).
6/4: Naha etc!
- A arrives in Naha in AM on JAL and heads to Chatan/Yomitan. Staying w Amy Berghoff (Chicago friend) through 6/6. Amy's info:
- Amy Berghoff - 81-080-6866-9155
- 259-3 Ocean Kitamae Chatan-Cho
- MM heads to Tokashiki at 9AM on Marineliner. Needs to call them to make a reservation (http://www.tokashiki-guesthouse.com/ferry-guide.htm).
- MM stays and dives at Kerama-sou (http://keramasou.sakura.ne.jp/sub4.html)
6/5: MM stays and dives in Tokashiki. A stays in Chatan/Yomitan and surfs.
6/6: A stays in Chatan/Yomitan and surfs.
6/7: A stays in Chatan/Yomitan and surfs.
6/8: MM stays in Naha City.
6/9: AMM heads to Fukuoka on Peach Aviation at 6PM.
- AMM stays at Airbnb place (lots of instructions on the guest guide).
6/13: MM heads to Tokyo (? stop in Kyoto?)
6/14-16: MM in Tokyo.
6/16: M flies home.
6/17: M flies home.
- Print boarding passes for Jetstar and Peach.
- Reserve a place in Naha City for 6/3 and 6/8.
- Make plans for 6/6-6/8.
- Get PK visa in Tokyo.
1. 14 day JR pass
- Tokyo, Kyusyu, Tokyo.
- 6/2: Fly to Tokyo.
- 6/3-5: Hang out with fam.
- 6/5-9: Travel slowly to Fukuoka.
- 6/9-13: Stay in/near Fukuoka on Jun 9-13.
- 6/13-15: Travel slowly back towards Tokyo on Jun 13-15.
- 6/16: Mako flies home.
- Tokyo, Ogasawara, Fukuoka, Pusan:
- Ferry schedule here: http://www.ogasawara-channel.com/calendar/calendar_timetable.htm
- 6/2: Fly to Tokyo.
- 6/3-4: Ferry to Ogasawara Islands (ferries take 24 hours from Tokyo).
- 6/4-8 Ogasawara Islands.
- 6/8-9: Ferry back to Tokyo.
- 6/9: Travel to Fukuoka.
- 6/9-13: Fukuoka.
- 6/13: Ferry to Pusan (2.5hours).
- 6/13-15: Pusan, Korea on June 13-15.
- 6/15: Back to Fukuoka and head to Tokyo.
- 6/17: Return to Seattle.
Potential places to check out
- Asahi or Kirin beer factories in Fukuoka City.
- Fukuoka Hawks game
- Hike in Yakushima off the coast in Kagoshima.