< User:Aaronshaw | dgsJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 14:03, 3 March 2016 by Aaronshaw (Created page with "== Welcome (first night) == * Intro/welcome ** Names ** Where you're visiting from or affiliation if you like ** Identify and briefly describe an everyday object of significan...")
Welcome (first night)
- Where you're visiting from or affiliation if you like
- Identify and briefly describe an everyday object of significance in your life.
- Key reminder: this is not a competition
- Review visit schedule and plans
- Key people: Ashley & Madeleine
- The rest of tonight
Program Overview (first morning)
- What is MTS? Our approach.
- Website blurb.
- Interdisciplinary, rigorous, diverse, path-breaking.
- Lightweight structure.
- What is MTS? Administrative context & structure.
- SoC, Comm. Studies
- Faculty & labs
- Collaborative, supportive environment.
- The handbook.
- Timeline & milestones
- Curriculum & course requirements
- Qualifying exams
- Proposal defense
- Doctoral thesis
- Resources & infrastructure
- Research support