We bought 16kg of yuca (or yucca or cassava), so I was looking for a creative yuca recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 medium size yuca
- 2 green or orange or yellow peppers
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
1. Peel yuca until their white flesh is exposed. It's a lot of peeling!
2. Dice peeled yuca and boil for 30-40 mins.
3. Mince peppers and onion and garlic.
4. Mash boiled yuca and add 3. and salt and pepper.
5. Make a ball and place on a cooking sheet. Optionally, put cheese, herbs, or panko (breadcrumb) on top.
6. Bake at 350 for 30-40 mins.
7. Serve with guacamole, hot sauce etc.