Aunt Sarah carrot cake
Carrot Cake recipe from Aunt Sarah (via Winnie)
- 2 c sugar
- 1-1/2 c vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 c flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 c grated raw carrots
- 1/2 c chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 c golden raisins
- 8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- (1/2 c chopped nuts - optional)
- (1/2 c coconut-optional)
- Cream sugar and oil.
- Add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Sift flour, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add to sugar mixture and stir.
- Fold in carrots, nuts, and raisins.
- Bake in buttered 9 x 13 pan at 325 degrees F for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean
- For frosting, cream cream cheese and butter until soft. I use a food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until fluffy.
- Frost the cake once it is cooled.