These are from Mako's Mom.
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 1/2 cup margarine/butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cake or 1 package yeast (reconsitute yeast in 1/2 c lukewarm water + 1 tsp sugar)
- 3 beaten eggs
- 4 1/2 cup flour
- Makes 3 dozen rolls.
1. Combine milk, margaine, salt, and sugar; cool to lukewarm.
2. Add yeast and stir well.
3. Add eggs, then flour; mix to smooth soft dough
4. Place dough in greased bowl; cover and let rise until doubled (at least) in bulk.
5. Divide dough into thirds; roll each third on lightly floured surface to 9th circle.
6. Brush with melted butter or fat.
7. Cut each circle into wedge-shaped pieces; roll each wedge, starting with wide end and rolling to point.
8. Arrange in greased baking pan and brush with melted butter or fat.
9. Cover until they have risen and are very light.
10. Bake in moderately hot over (350) about 12 minutes.