Easy. The key ingredients are garlic, beans, and tomatoes. Vegan unless you add sour cream at the end.
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 chickpeas
- 1/4 kidney beans
- 1/4 pinto beans
- 5-6 tomatoes or 1 canned diced tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onions
- other veggies you like
- 1/2 cup textured soy protein
- chili powder
- bay leaf
1. Reconstitute beans overnight or boil them for an hour. 1 cup dried beans serve ~2 people.
2. Mince and sauté 2-3 cloves of garlic and an onion.
3. Add other veggies.
4. Add beans, tomatoes, and textured soy protein.
5. Add water with or without tomato paste if necessary.
6. Mix in chili powder and salt until you like the taste.
7. Add 1-2 bay leaves and wait until the flavor soaks into the beans.
8. Eat with rice. Add sour cream and/or basil pesto if you want.