(Redirected from Coffee roasting)
This is a basic instruction on how to use Behmor 1600 to roast coffee. There are many more options than what's described here.
- insert the cage, so that it is hanging from the hooks on the sides.
- insert the chafe collector.
- pre-warm: without coffee beans, press 1/4lbs, A, P1, and Start. Wait for 1 minutes 30-45 seconds and press stop.
- weigh the beans (we usually do 1 lb).
- take out the warm cage and put the beans into the cage. Insert the cage back in, so that it is hanging from the hooks again.
- press 1lb, A, P1, and Start. ***set the phone timer for 13 minutes***
- after 13 minutes and 30 seconds, we need to press start (safety mechanism).
- Now do one of the two following things:
- If you are using the coffee we ordered in September 2019, you should: press the "+" sign 8 times
- In any/all other situations: wait for the first crack and then press C
Other things to watch keep in mind:
- watch out for smoke - if it smokes a lot, something is wrong, so turn it off.
- there are sharp edges on removable parts, so be careful.
- pressing A or B shows the temperature inside.