Cream of Chantrelle
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is an adaptation of this recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Chicken Better-than-boulion
- lots of chantrelles
- 1 shot brandy
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter until foaming. Add 2 tablespoons of flour to form a roux. Cook 2 minutes, but but don't brown.
- Add 6 cups of water, and a solid spoon-full of better-than-bouillon.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, allowing reduction by ~1/4th
- Mince mushrooms finely, together with an onion or shallot, and cook until the liquid is gone.
- Throw in a shot-glass of brandy, and continue cooking until evaporated.
- Blend the mushrooms until uniform texture. some of the broth can be added to make blending easier
- Add blended mushrooms to broth and continue cooking for 10 minutes
- Beat together 3 egg yolks and 1/2 cup heavy cream. add some soup slowly to this mixture to get it up to heat, then pour back into the soup.
- When ready to serve, turn off heat, put in 4 tablespoons of butter, and let it melt into the soup.