- It's really hard to make. When I tried deep-frying 3 falafel balls, 1 of them mysteriously disappeared. The oil got really black after a while, indicating the missing ball has disintegrated into bits and pieces.
So, let's just go to Rami's.
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp flour
- Soak chickpeas in water for overnight.
- Boil chickpeas for 30 minutes. Drain the water.
- Mash chickpeas and mix with all the other ingredients.
- Make falafel balls. Flatten and cover in flour (extra) well.
- Deep-fry. Make sure that they don't fall apart.
- Serve in pita-bread with cabbage, tomatoes, yogurt, tahini sauce, and fruit and vegetable sauce.