You can make granola bars from this recipe very easily. Just add some flour and eggs (or substitute) to the mixture.
Ingredients are very flexible. You can omit most things.
- Rolled Oats 3cups
- Sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and/or 1 cup (total)
- Pecans, walnuts, slivered almonds, and/or cashews 1 cup (total)
- Shredded coconut 3/4cup
- Brown sugar 1/4cup (or slightly more)
- Maple syrup 1/4cup (or slightly more)
- Vegetable oil 1/4cup
- Salt 3/4tbsp
- Raisins 1cup
1. Mix the first 5 ingredients.
2. Mix maple syrup, vegetable oil, and salt.
3. Mix 1 and 2 (if making bars, add half the amount of oats of flour and one egg). Spread thinly on cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 250F for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes.
5. Mix in Raisins after baking.