This makes 3 loaves (serving size: 1 loaf).
- 1/2 cup Carrots (Cooked / Drained or Raw/Grated)
- 1/2 cup Spinach (Cooked / Drained)
- 2 cups Black-eyed Peas (Cooked / Drained)
- 2 cups Great Northern or Navy Beans (Cooked / Drained)
- 4 tbs Vegetable Oil
- 11/2 cups Tomato Paste, Canned
- 1 cup Water
- 11/2 cups Dry Grits
- 11/2 cups Rolled Oats, Dry
- Mix the first seven ingredients together in a 12-quart or larger container. Drain all canned items.
- Knead ingredients together with hands (wearing plastic gloves) or mix with a spoon.
- Gradually mix in the grits and the rolled oats. The mixture should be stiff and just moist enough to spread. Use all-vegetable shortening to grease 3 one-and-one-half-pound foil loaf pans.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the three greased pans.
- Bake at 325o F for approximately 40 minutes until each loaf reaches an internal temperature of 155o F. The loaves will start to pull away from the pan sides when cooking is completed. It is recommended that the loaf pans be placed in the oven on a sheet pan containing water, which will help keep the bottom of the loaves from burning.
Loaves not being used at the time they are made should be wrapped and refrigerated. If the loaves will not be used for a day or more, they should be frozen. Before reheating a frozen loaf, let it thaw in a refrigerator. The loaf should be reheated at 325o F for approximately 30 minutes until the loaf reaches an internal temperature of 165o F. If the loaves come out too dry, a small amount of water may need to be sprinkled on them before reheating. Loaves may not be kept frozen for more than thirty  days from the date of preparation. Frozen loaves will be kept in a locked container in the freezer.
This make 3 loaves (serving size: 1 loaf)
- 6 slices Bread, whole wheat
- 11/4 cup Cheese, Imitation
- 1/2 cup Raisins, seedless
- 1/4 cup Oil, vegetable
- 3/4 cup Milk, instant Nonfat Dry
- 3/4 cup Carrots, raw grated
- 3/4 cup Spinach, can, drained
- 3 cup Beans, Great Northern, cooked
- 1 cup Tomato paste canned, w/salt
- 1/2 cup Potatoes, dehydrated, flakes
- Combine all the ingredients, except the dry milk and potato flakes, together in a large stainless steel mixing bowl. Make sure that wet items have been drained.
- Mix together, adding the dry milk and potato gradually. Mixture should be stiff and just wet enough to spread.
- Use all vegetable oil to grease three foil pans, 1 1/2 pound size.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the pans.
- Place on sheet pan with a small amount of water in it, and bake in a 325o F oven for about 40 minutes until each loaf reaches an internal temperature of 155o F. The loaves start to pull away from the pan sides when cooking is completed.
- Remove loaves from foil pans when done, cool, wrap in foil, tag batch and put in cooler.
- If making loaves more than two days ahead of time, wrap in foil, tag batch and freeze.
- When ready to use, reheat at 325o F until internal temperature reaches 165oF.
- When serving, remove from foil and serve with no eating utensils.