- Okonomiyaki is Japanese style cabbage pancakes. It literally means "grill as you wish" and you can put whatever you want on top of the pancakes.
- 1/2 cabbage
- 2 cups flour (you can also get a pre-made okonomiyaki powder too)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups konbu/shiitake broth
- optional: a little bit of yamaimo (slimy yam)
- green and red peppers
- yakisoba (stir fried noodles)
- Fruit and vegetable sauce
- Mayonnaise (I highly recommend Cupie's)
- Aonori (pieces of nori, seaweed)
1. Cut the cabbage into small pieces (i.e. 1cmx3cm)
2. Mix the cabbage with flour, eggs, and 2 cup of broth (and optionally yamaimo to make it soft).
3. Make pancakes. Add toppings on top and flip over.
4. Serve with lots of sauces.