We have tried different recipes. This page is for keeping track of what worked well. Pasta sauce recipes include:
- 1 and 2/3 cups warm-ish water
- 3 cups semolina
- 2 cups flour
- mix semolina and all purpose flour in a food processor. We use a metal blade instead of dough blade.
- add water to 1. mix until the dough seems smooth (a few minutes).
- knead by hand for a few minutes.
- cover and rest the dough for at least 45 minutes at room temperature.
- divide the dough into 8 balls.
- shape into a rough square and run it in the pasta machine at width 0.
- fold the dough and run at width 0; repeat x7-8 times. Put flour between the flattened doughs.
- run at width 1 once. Put flour between the doughs.
- run at width 2 once. Put flour between the doughs.
- run at width 3 once. Put flour between the doughs.
- cut by hand to make pappardelle or use the pasta machine to make fettuccine, spaghetti, or angel hair. Or use a stick to make orecchiette.
- hang until ready to boil.
- boil for 2 minutes or so.