Strawberry shortcake rollcake
|Strawberry shortcake rollcake|
|Dietary Restrictions: Diet::vegetarian|
I don't actually like strawberry shortcakes but I like the idea of it. Here, I made a log version of strawberry shortcake. It took a couple hours but it worked well. Contains contains::egg, contains::gluten, and contains::dairy.
- 4 eggs
- 90g sugar (a bit over 7 tbsp)
- 70g flour (a bit over 1/2 cup)
- 150-300ml heavy cream
- ~9g sugar for whipped cream
1. Beat eggs. Add sugar when the texture becomes homogeneous.
2. Beat the mixture while double-boiling until the mixture becomes about 37C. Take the mixture out and continue mixing until it thickens.
3. Add sifted flour in. Mix in only a small amount at a time.
4. Keep hand-mixing from the bottom until it is light and smooth (takes 5-10 mins).
5. Pour into a pan and bake at 350F (180C) for 10-12 until light brown.
6. Whip the heavy cream. Add chopped strawberries.
7. Once the sponge cools down, take it out of the pan and put on wax paper. Spread the whipped cream on top.
8. Roll the sponge as you would roll sushi.
9. Put saran wraps over the wax paper and let the cake sit in fridge for 1 hour or more.