Tater Tot Quest
On Sunday, September 18th, we'll have a birthday party by digging up potatoes and, through the magic of chopping and deep-frying, turning them into tater tots.
We'll be digging potatoes at Keith's Farm:
- 1149 Main Street
- Acushnet, MA
- (+1) 508-763-2622
- Mika's 30th birthday is September 7th, 2011.
- Weekends are a more convenient time to have birthday parties.
- Mika's favorite activity is digging potatoes.
- Mika's favorite food is tater tots.
- Tater tots are made out of potatoes.
- 9:00-10:30: Breakfast making and eating at Acetarium to prepare ourselves for the journey.
- 10:30 -> 11:45: Drive down to Keith's Farm (about 1 hour away)
- 11:45 -> 13:45: Digging potatoes, picking apples, etc.
- 13:45 -> 15:00: Drive back to Boston/Acetarium.
- ~15:30: Arrive back at the Acetarium to cook tater tots.
- Afternoon-Evening: Tater tot cooking and eating at the Acetarium.
- 21:30: Grendel's!
Getting to Keith's Farm
<googlemap version="0.9" lat="42.069685" lon="-70.834351" type="map" zoom="8" width="450" height="300" selector="no" controls="small"> 41.733673, -70.897769, Keith's Farm </googlemap>
Keith's Farm is about an hour drive away from Boston and, due to tie replacement, there is no commuter rail service to anywhere within 50km of the farm over the weekend.
Of course, not everybody needs to drive down to pull the potatoes out of the ground and folks are welcome to join for just breakfast or just the tater tot making and eating in the afternoon.
If you have a car or zip car and can carpool, folks in the car can split the cost of the car rental or gas, etc.
Let us know how many spaces you have here:
Madeleine's Car [Zipcar at Rite-Aid]:
Alex's Car [Zipcar at Highland near Kickass Cupcakes]:
caution: this car may stop at IKEA on the way back
Lia's Car [Lia's car at Tanagra ]
Taken from this list of u-pick farms: