|Dietary Restrictions: Diet::vegetarian|
This is a flourless, gluten-free chocolate cake from Capri!
- 14 Tbsp unsalted butter (200g)
- 7 oz bittersweet chocolate (200g)
- <3/4 cup sugar
- 9 oz almond meal (255 g)
- 4 large eggs, separated
- pinch of salt
- Confectioner's sugar for top
1. Line 8 or 9" round baking pan with parchment paper. Butter the sides.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate together on the stove or on a bain-marie till smooth. Set aside to cool.
3. Preheat oven to 375F.
4. Beat egg whites with a pinch of sugar till stiff peaks.
5. In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar until smooth and lemony-colored. Add salt, chocolate-butter mixture, and almond meal. Mix till combined.
6. Fold in egg whites gently.
7. Bake at 375F for 45-55 minutes.
8. Remove from pan, let cool. Dust with confectioner's sugar before serving.