Travel plans/December 2020
Retreat by a lake!
- Date: 2020-12-18 (check in at 4PM) 2020-12-21 (check out at 11AM)
- Place: 3467 N Mission Rd W, Bremerton, WA 98312
Notes from the host
Noise travels across the lake. Please keep voices to conversational volume when enjoying the campfire.
Children should be cautious around spiral staircase, especially little kids & toddlers
Please wash all your dishes before you leave and put them back in their places.
Use aluminum cans rather than glass bottles. Our recycle is limited and glass is unsafe outdoors.
No bottled water please. Our water is tested safe and filtered for taste. Plastic adds to our recycling limitation.
Garbage needs to be collected and taken to the road at the end of your stay.
Pets are not allowed on furniture or bedding.
- [DONE][TODO]grocery shopping
- cancel meetings on Fri/Mon if you can!
- bike maintenance
- bike route check
- Ma: put all required tools/materials for Sat in one of the C&C boxes downstairs
- all: put all non-perishable items in boxes downstairs
- make pizza dough
- make pizza sauce
- make seitan
- ?make cheesecake batter?
- bikers should put their bags in the car
- put perishable items into the car
- bike/drive over
- enjoy the cabin and the nature
- Ideas for the wood fire oven:
- tandori flatbread + curry
- Basque cheesecake
- grilled veggies
- Friday Night: Pizza + cheesecake?
- Saturday Morning: shakshouka
- Saturday Night: tandori flatbread + tandori chicken + vegetables?
- Sunday Morning: Omlettes
- Sunday Night: Flammekueche
- Monday Morning: Egg Sandwiches
- [DONE]cream cheese etc for Basque cheesecake
- [DONE]canned tomatoes
- pizza topping
- [DONE] mushrooms
- [DONE] pineapple
- [DONE] jalapenos - bring frozen ones too?
- [TODO] basil
- [DONE][TODO] veggie ham?
- [DONE] mozzarella cheese
- [DONE] blue cheese
- [DONE][TODO] potatoes?
- [TODO]creme fraiche (the ones we have are a bit old)
- tandori chicken
- [TODO] cumin, coriander, garam masala, ginger, garlic, turmeric, cayenne, paprika, lemon juice
- [DONE] seitan
- [DONE] yogurt
- veggies for wood fire
- [DONE] salad stuff
- [DONE] breakfast stuff (eggs, potatoes, flour, milk, toppings, fruit, peanut butter)
- [DONE] butter
- [TODO] nutella
- [TODO] bananas
- [DONE] snacks
- [DONE] tea/hot chocolate
- [DONE] wine/beer (the owner prefers cans over bottles for recycling but we can also just bring back any glass bottles and recycle at home)
- [DONE] coffee
- [TODO] pizza dough! (make loooots on thursday night)
- [DONE] APF (for tandori flatbread)
- [TODO] yeast/sourdough starter?
- [DONE] olive oil
- [DONE][TODO]? MARIE SHARPS
- dutch oven/cast iron pan
- warm clothes
- rain jackets
- rain pants
- bathrobes/surfer towels
- extra shoes
- hiking boots
- rain boots
- flip flops
- 10 essentials
- knitting, sewing, other craft/art stuff
- ?sleeping bag if you want to use the tents?
- ?wifi hotspot device?
- Note: The house comes with a washer/dryer.
Currently, it seems that Fri and Sat will be a bit rainy in Bremerton. Bring lots of change of clothes and rain gear. The house has a dryer and a washer.
Sat @2pm: M will host a Cocktail Hour
A list of outdoor activities you could do around there:
- Swim/use a canoe on the lake.
- Explore the trail behind the house
- Explore Green Mountain and Gold Mountain trails (~5 miles to the closest trailhead)
- Bike around Kitsap Penninsula (~50-70 miles)
- Go to Misery Point (~15 miles away?)
- Bikers: W, Ma, Mi, B (Meetings until 11:30AM or 1:30PM but can leave after that; if others want to go earlier, that's ok too)
- Car: L, A, C, (maybe Ma too) (maybe I too)
- Friday Dec 18
- Fauntleroy - Southworth (40 minutes):
- 4:25 1 5:05 5:50 7:40 9:10 10:25 11:30
- 12:15 1:35(bikers?) 2:10 3:05 3:50 1 4:35 5:15 6:15(cars?) 6:35 7:35 1 7:55 8:55 10:25 11:45
- AM [12/19/2020]
- Seattle - Bremerton (60 minutes) Dec 18:
- 6:00 7:35 8:35 10:00 11:10
- 12:20(bikers?) 1:30 2:50 4:15 5:30(cars?) 6:45 (cars?) 7:50 9:05 10:30
- Return (Dec 20 or 21)
- Southworth to Fauntleroy (Dec 20 2020)
- 4:20 5:55 6:55 7:20 8:35 9:05 10:45
- 12:20 1:10 2:50 4:30 5:05 6:10 6:45 8:20 11:10 1
- AM [12/21/2020]
- 12:30 1
- Southworth to Fauntleroy (Dec 21 2020)
- 4:10 1 5:00 1 5:50 6:40 1 8:25 1 9:55 11:20
- 12:15 1:00 2 2:20 2 3:00 3:55 2 4:25 3 5:20 6:00 2 7:00 2 7:20 2 8:10 8:35 2 11:10 2
- AM [12/22/2020]
- Bremerton to Seattle (Same schedule for Dec 20/21)
- 4:50 6:20 7:20 8:45 9:50 11:10
- 12:20 1:30 3:00 4:15 5:30 6:40 7:55 9:00