Vegan carrot cake
|Vegan carrot cake|
|Dietary Restrictions: Diet::vegan|
I actually used 3 eggs the first because I didn't have egg substitutes. It's more work than blueberry muffins but it tastes pretty good. Contains [[contains::gluten].
- 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 egg equivalent in Ener-G egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- pineapple, coconut, raisins, nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, spice, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix sugar and eggs until creamy (with an electric mixer).
- Add vanilla, then add vegetable oil.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together and add carrots and other optional ingredients.
- Grease the muffin pan and bake for 40 - 45 minutes.