(see setback schedule page)
March 9 - apply for permit Through July - buy all the gear! (see JMT/gear) July/August - training trips August 7 - Krystle ships resupply stuff to Aaron August 14 - send MTR resupply by this date August 22 - Depart Bay Area for the Sierras
- August 24 - start JMT at Glacier Point
- Sept. 14 - finish JMT & drink cold beer and eat lots of pizza and burgers somewhere
Sept 15 - Fly out of Mammoth Lakes
- CREST provides bus service from Lone Pine (the nearest town to Mount Whitney) to Mammoth Lakes.
- The YARTS Highway 120 East bus provides service from Mammoth Lakes to Yosemite Valley.
- Shipping to MTR, $50/bucket
- VVR expenses
- Tina gave K $10, I gave to waiter as tip
- 2 beers at Red's (cash)
- breakfast at Red's
- Eric gas
- Ben gas
- pitcher of beer at Bodie Mike's - $15
- lunch at Red's - $24
- dinner at Red's - $45.
- grocery run for dinner (first night in Yosemite w/Ben & Maura) - $83
- yahoo group
- Elizabeth Wenk book
- Facebook groups - JMT and Ladies of JMT
- here's a nice map.
- Paper maps! (highly recommended by Adam White from the Yahoo group)