Seder 2015 Seattle
- This page is for the Sedar in Seattle. Please see this page for the event in Boston.
The Seder will focus on history, culture, and understanding. Everyone is invited and questions are highly encouraged!
The Things to Buy sections contains things we need and do not have yet. The Things We're Bringing is the place to put stuff you want to bring. Feel free to move something from things to buy to things to bring and put your name next to it so we know someone has that. You can also add something not already on the list--this can be ingredients, toys, cooked dishes, or anything else you think up. Things to cook is a good place to write suggestions for dinner.
It'd be really nice if you add your name under People if you are planning on attending, so we have an idea of how big to make dinner.
No dress code, although yarmulke encouraged.
Location and Time
Things to Buy
You can add things you think we ought to have.
- Everybody please bring 5 cups of wine per person (a bit less than 1 bottle). Extra wine is always a bonus!
- Grape juice for the non-wine drinkers
- Yams, beets
- Horseradish. Parsley.
- Romaine lettuces
- An orange
- something very enticing but whose identity will be revealed after some cursory research
- prize for the afikoman
Things We're Bringing
You can add things you are bringing, with your name, here.
Things to Cook
Things you want to cook (please out your name by it), or things you think we ought to cook, feel free to claim items without names next to them!
- Matzoh ball soup
Things to Read
- The Velveteen Rabbi's Haggadah for Passover (definitely)
- The Women's Seder Sourcebook: Rituals and Readings for Use at the Passover Seder (maybe?)
- Exploring the abuse of robots (extremely unlikely)
- The Two-Minute Haggadah (probably not, but why not?)
- Alternative Haggadahs]
- Jeremy's Haggadah from 2003 - minor Hebrew error in the title
- Jeremy's grace after meals with full singable English
- a lego story of the exodus to read before hand!
Please add your name with a #
April 4th: Cook all day long!