Seder 2018 Boston
- This page is for the Sedar in Boston. Please see this page for the event in Seattle.
The Things to Buy sections contains things we need and do not have yet. The Things We're Bringing is the place to put stuff you want to bring. Feel free to move something from things to buy to things to bring and put your name next to it so we know someone has that. You can also add something not already on the list--this can be ingredients, toys, cooked dishes, or anything else you think up. Things to cook is a good place to write suggestions for dinner.
It'd be really nice if you add your name under People if you are planning on attending, so we have an idea of how big to make dinner.
No dress code, although yarmulke encouraged.
- 1 Logistics
- 2 Food
- 3 Proceedings
- 4 Other Important Arcana
Location and Time
March 31st at the Abbey. 23 ibbetson.st. somerville.
March 31st: Cook all day long!
- 7pm: Open wine, set tables
- 7:09pm: Start
Things to Buy
You can add things you think we ought to have.
- Everybody please bring 5 cups of wine per person (a bit less than 1 bottle). Extra wine is always a bonus!
- Grape juice for the non-wine drinkers
- Seder plate:
- something very enticing but whose identity will be revealed after some cursory research
- prize for the afikoman
Things We're Bringing
You can add things you are bringing, with your name, here.
- Parsley + oranges (val h)
- horseradish, electric hand mixer (ben)
Things to Cook
Please Note: Anything you bring should be Kosher for Passover. We eat neither chametz nor kitniyot. The meal will be vegetarian (eggs and dairy are welcome; vegan dishes are encouraged). We have lots of matzoh meal, if you want some.
- Date & blood orange charoset (contains nuts) (Max & Schyler)
- Traditional apple & walnut charoset (contains nuts) (Max & Schyler)
- Yemenite Charoset (sans kitniyot and nuts) - Alla & Alex
- shakshuka (mdb)
- matzoh ball soup (mdb)
- something sweet (mdb)
- potato kugel (akiva + jess)
- 4 bottles of wine and 14 (<-- Feel free to edit this up or down) eggs (mritter + catherine + alla)
* Currently planning to bring 14/(# people listed) number of eggs each, rounded up
- Shredded carrot and spinach salad with lemon olive oil dressing (catherine)
- potato + spinach bake (val h)
- some veggie dish tbd (ben + kit)
Things to (Maybe) Read
- The Velveteen Rabbi's Haggadah for Passover (definitely)
- The Women's Seder Sourcebook: Rituals and Readings for Use at the Passover Seder (maybe?)
- Exploring the abuse of robots (extremely unlikely)
- The Two-Minute Haggadah (probably not, but why not?)
- Alternative Haggadahs]
- Jeremy's Haggadah from 2003 - minor Hebrew error in the title
- Jeremy's grace after meals with full singable English
- a lego story of the exodus to read before hand!
Things to Sing
Other Important Arcana
Our seders tend to run on the longer side.
(limited to ~25!)
- val h
- Lena (strong maybe!)
- Matt Ritter